The United States Department of Energy (DOE)estimates that most industrial facilities in the manufacturing, mining, and process industries can reduce energy consumption by 20% by implementing existing best practices.
The savings can be doubled with investment in R&D and technology. Much of the savings is derived from better management, operation, and maintenance of production assets.
This workshop introduces the important role asset managers and maintenance & reliability engineers play in reducing energy consumption. In addition to saving energy-related costs, deploying the important practices described in this workshop reduces greenhouse gas (GHG)emissions and reduces wear and tear on the equipment assets.
- Minimising parasitic frictional losses
- Reducing the effects of electrical harmonics
- Achieving phase-to-phase electrical balance
- Finding and eliminating pressurised fluid leaks
- Maintaining combustion efficiency