Maintenance and reliability leaders are essential in helping organisations navigate the transition to a more sustainable and climate-resilient future. How do we adapt to these new technologies, optimise energy use, and comply with a changing regulatory landscape in the context of decarbonisation and climate change targets? All disrupting previous lifecycle plans, investment, and reinvestment decisions, asset management strategies and tactics, and the physical asset manager’s role.
- What is the impact on jobs and skills?
- How do we work with regulators and the requirements and environmental standards?
- What measures should asset managers take to account for the risks associated with stranded assets in the context of decarbonisation efforts?
- What about the capacity and resource challenges coming our way with all companies relying on the same suppliers and resources to decarb at the same time?
- What opportunities and challenges will asset managers face in integrating renewable energy sources and clean technologies into their asset management strategies?
- How will the role of the reliability engineers change?