The next decade brings with it the greatest Maintenance & Reliability workforce challenge we’ve ever faced. As we strategise for autonomous workers and decarbonisation, we need to think very carefully about how we build the foundation for the future. It is vital for us to increase the rate at which we innovate – so that we match the ever-increasing speed of technology development. Michelle is Technology Innovator of the Year Award, and Chair of the Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMG).
To match the ever-increasing speed of technology development it is more important than ever that we increase the rate at which we innovate too. As Asset Management leaders we must create a culture that enables rapid innovation through co-creation and collaboration.
- the role technology could play in helping maintenance and reliability functions evolve
- the importance of people and partnerships
- the importance of a culture willing to embrace change
- creating of solid ecosystems
- soft skills are as important as technical skills